Please note that SQL Workbench/J has no relation to the product MySQL Workbench which is maintained and owned by Oracle.
If you are looking for MySQL Workbench support please contact Oracle.
SQL Workbench/J mainly uses standard Java/JDBC calls to the database and thus should work against any DBMS that has a JDBC driver. But not all features might work correctly with unknown databases, especially if the JDBC driver only implements a small subset of the JDBC API.
SQL Workbench/J has been specifically tested with the following DBMS:
- PostgreSQL (8.4 or later)(Download JDBC driver)
- H2 Database Engine
- Firebird SQL (Download JDBC driver)
- Apache Derby
- Oracle (10g or later)(Download JDBC driver)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Download JDBC driver)
- IBM DB2
- Pivotal Greenplum
- HP Vertica (Download JDBC driver)
- MySQL (Download JDBC Driver)
The following DBMS have been reported to work with SQL Workbench/J but have not been tested
- MariaDB (Download JDBC Driver)
- SQLite (with SQLiteJDBC)
- Teradata (Download JDBC driver)
If you find that not all features (especially in the DbExplorer) work for your DBMS, please feel free to contact me.